In the last ten years, different software application development trends laid a foundation for application development
For the past decade, various software application development trends laid a foundation for app development today and in the future. Development trends also include open-source software,web as development platform and team development. Internet services have led the way to Service Oriented Architecture or SOA, re-emergence of established computing mechanisms with new abilities.
Check out below some of the top software application development trends in the market these days:
1. HTML vs. Native applications in the context of mobile and desktop convergence. With IT consumerism, organizations are now considering provisioning more specialized B2B desktop apps in the mobile environment. Furthermore, it goes beyond standard apps like calendars and emails.
2. Big Data and NoSQL, with relational databases falling short in storing and managing data growth, this results to NoSQL databases acquiring mindshare. There are both pros and cons to this trend and developers should ensure access and easy storage to data for their apps.
3. Cloud computing represents a big opportunity. However, they have to understand the use of case of cloud apps much better. This is not only about developing apps for cloud but maintenance as well.
4. GPU computing should be taken full advantage of by developers. Moreover, this should be equally used to make visually –engaging apps and make certain performance and connectivity to data and back-end systems.
5. User interfaces include touch, voice and gestures in business apps. In the developer’s perspective, delivering against this is necessary as it enables end users to get the most of the apps and greatly increase the software adoption.
8. Team development and application lifecycle management or ALM started to really work efficiently, especially after Microsoft joined the space with the Visual Studio System.
9. Web 2.0 is associated commonly with web apps that facilitate interactive interoperability, info sharing, user-centered collaboration and design on the web.
10. Web frameworks became paramount because of the web as a development platform
The demand for mobile application development has paved the way for these trends. With the demand for more and more apps on the rise due to a lot of smartphones available in the market, demand is in for all kinds and trends for mobile applications. Furthermore, mobile software development provide various types of users with different benefits such as mail access, chat with friends options, social networking like Facebook and Twitter and many more.
With high-end mobiles integrating apps and tools to edit videos and photos, track calls and track down location, Software application development trends are getting more popular each day.software development technologies like Microsoft. NET, ASP.NET, PHP, Flex and Silverlight to provide software application development services to its global clientele.In the days to come and people enjoying more access to smartphones around the world, the scope of mobile app trends will definitely increase. The main challenge for companies would be to hire and retain developers adept at creating apps in more than a single platform.